Things I’m realizing.
- Aggravating rapid Spanish (in other words, arguments) between adults and children, specifically between moms and children, brings me anxiety. Living with a host family in Ecuador for six months with a host mom who seemed to be perpetually pissed at her 13 year old daughter brought me anxiety. And it’s left an imprint.
- Wooster doesn’t have a whole lot to do to entertain guests. My dad and brother are here for the night. I took them to get BBQ at a recommended restaurant. Because they love meat. And it was pretty good. And then we drove through Amish country. But, everything closes at 3 or 6. And tomorrow, 85% of everything is closed.
- The SIP sucks. Reading scientific articles on plant genetics sucks. Not understanding the articles sucks. Working with pipettes all day sucks.
- I’m being real awfully pessimistic.
- I’m not as alone here as I would like to be. That may be a pretentious thing to say. There’s this guy that keeps asking me to do things. Like go out to eat. But I’d rather sit home alone, watch parks and recreation, drink my beer, and read some science that I won’t understand.
- I really don’t understand genetics.
- Though I’m now used to it, my apartment is probably a shit hole. My dad will not eat here tomorrow for breakfast. “Not in that apartment.” Thanks Dad.